Job opening: Business Development Manager (Outside Sales)
Gridium is looking for business development representatives for Northern California (Bay Area) and Southern California (Los Angeles or Irvine) territories. This is an exciting opportunity to enter the clean tech industry and join an experienced management team in the first year of a new venture-backed startup. You'll be representing products that are quick to delight your customers by helping them immediately save money and energy.
If you've been searching for meaning in your work and have the required sales drive, we'll welcome you to our growing company, teach you about the energy efficiency industry, and help you build a career saving energy and money for commercial property owners. Our leaders have trained over 100 energy sales reps and sold tens of millions of dollars of energy projects. You'll benefit from our knowledge of what works, and join an environment that will set you up for success.
What you'll love doing at Gridium:
- Prospecting from juicy lead lists to call on facility managers, chief engineers and property managers.
- Learning how every building in California can benefit from simple, affordable energy analysis tools.
- Enrolling customers in free software trials, and managing the contracting process for those who purchase (it's early, but so far 100% of our free trial customers have become paying customers!).
- Engaging in follow-up conversations about future products.
- Contributing to the development of products by providing your field insights and customer feedback to the development team.
- Learning how to sell more effectively, expanding your energy knowledge, and providing advice to customers and prospects.
We'll make you successful and happy by:
- Being forthright about the metrics you need to reach and coaching you to sales success.
- Providing comprehensive education and training on energy issues to give you the confidence to advise customers.
- Supporting you with high-quality leads and strong marketing programs.
Strong candidates meet these qualifications:
- At least one year of outside sales experience. Candidates seeking their first outside sales job are encouraged to apply, but should arrive with inspiring stories about things they have sold without the formal title.
- Demonstrated ability to learn about a technical field. Our customers care deeply about mechanical systems in buildings. You don't have to know anything about buildings on day one, but you do need to demonstrate technical proficiency in some form.
- You have what it takes to be a consummate sales professional in an early-stage company, including the ability to manage the ups and downs of the start-up life cycle.
- You're no stranger to cold calling. Even if it's not your favorite part of the job, you're able to pick up the phone, make connections, and fill your calendar with customer meetings.
- Are already located in these markets, or willing to provide for your own relocation.
You should stop reading and apply immediately if you:
- Have energy experience, and are tired of a 9-18 month sales cycle.
- Are a more experienced sales professional with a deep contact base in the target markets, and interested in an individual contributor role with an uncapped sales and commission plan that you can crush.
Our solutions are priced to be affordable and our business only works with lots of customers. You should understand that your compensation plan is geared for growth:
- Base salary: $4,000/month
- Prove yourself: Benefits start after 60-day trial period
- Uncapped earnings, payable monthly
- On target earnings: $130,000
Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com with subject "BDM NorCal" or "BDM SoCal". Only applications via email will be considered. Principals only, no recruiters. No draws, non-competes, contract sales, or other creative arrangements.