Job opening: VP of Engineering
Gridium is looking for an engineering lead who shares our passion for big data, big buildings, and energy efficiency. You will grow, mentor, and lead a team responsible for scaling our platform and delivering new products and features to support customers and partners.
Our culture is open, collaborative, and hard-working. We hire great people and give them room to build amazing products. Above all, we're scrappy. We listen to our customers, dive in, iterate quickly, and ship.
Skills and requirements
Gridium is an early-stage, venture-backed company looking to make a big impact. We need a VP of Engineering who can design and build a system for scale. The ideal candidate has done this before. You've delivered web-based SaaS products that delight users, on time and on budget. You've built and managed great engineering teams. You've worked with big data sets and know how to design responsive applications that scale gracefully in the cloud.
- You will own design and delivery of Gridium's data aggregation platform and product suite. You'll have latitude to choose the best tools, languages, and platform for the job. (Presently we're running on Amazon Web Services, using a combo of Java, MySQL, and NoSQL on Linux.)
- You will build and lead the core engineering team by recruiting, mentoring, and motivating the best engineers.
- You will write code. Especially in the near term, Gridium is a small, focused team, and everyone gets their hands dirty.
- You will champion best practices for developing, testing, and deploying Gridium software. You will own and manage our software release process.
- You will work closely with the Product, Research, and Sales teams to define strategy and support the company's product roadmap.
Specific experience with energy efficiency is not required, although it may be a plus. Likewise, experience with NoSQL, data visualization, machine learning, and statistical analysis packages such as R or SPSS are also a good thing.
And, of course, you should be excited about the chance to work with the product, design, and research teams to create great products and push forward the state of the art in energy efficiency.
Gridium's analytics platform applies statistical and machine-learning techniques to smart meter data to help commercial property owners improve their operations and reduce energy use. Our SaaS applications are priced affordably to overcome the barriers that keep most buildings out of the energy efficiency market. We believe that the combination of deep analytics and elegant, easy-to-use products is an unbeatable proposition.
We are based in San Francisco, with development centers in Chicago and Minneapolis. We are comfortable working remotely with great individuals based anywhere in the U.S. The position comes with salary, benefits, stock options and our "no vacation policy" vacation policy -- take as much time off as you need to be happy and productive.
How to apply
To apply, send a resume (pdf preferred) and brief cover note to email@example.com with subject "VP of Engineering". Only applications via email will be considered. Principals only, no recruiters.